Sunday, December 19, 2010

Been. Awhile.





I haven't blogged since Summer of '09- sowwy. I can't even begin to recap so I will start fresh ;)
Joe is going on his 3rd knee surgery in Feb. OUCH! The last one wasn't so bad (of course it wasn't my knee so I can say that) but the next will be worse.......Devyn is working at Togos. We are encouraging her to get a "full time" job but what 19-20 year old wants to listen to their parents no matter how darn cool we are? She is still dating Mitch (2 years) and he is finally 18.....his mom invited her to live with them. Not sure how I feel about that- the mom in me likes it because I know she will be taken care of but my common sense says "um, hells no!" So hopefully she will see the light before we move to Virginia in July. Oh, did I leave that part out? Yes, we are finally making the move. Joe is getting orders to The Bataan. Bummer though that as soon as we get there, he deploys. Like, they go in July and we get there August 1st......that should be quite interesting and nerve wracking. I am pumped but a little apprehensive because when I tell people we are moving there, some people go, " ew, why?" so that isn't helpful. Well It's happening so -there! Sawyer is in 2nd grade and doing well. He still LURVES him some Spiderman but happily he has branched out a bit and has embraced other things too like, spiders and legos....... We could never get him to really dig team sports even though he tried them all and finally we stumbled onto swimming! Yay! us . He is on the Mission Valley mini seals swim team at the Y. He has had one novice meet , (which he panicked and cried and wanted to leave before it even started , prompting me to, off the top of my head bribe him. "I will take you to Toys R us if u do this one heat." ) I said this right in front of the coach. Not my proudest moment but it worked ;) He also goes to Awana (which I am a leader in) . He is a Sparky but I think he would be happier in TnT. If you don't know what Awana is ,it's a combo of Sunday School and Scouts.........sort of.........anywho speaking of Scouts he hated it and quit. He did express an interest in joining basketball again in Feb. so I will put him and Sachyl, our super sports star on the same team. He is into skateboarding so instead of doing my Sawyer birthday extravaganza (used with tax return money) like I usually do we are just getting him a new skateboard and letting him have a friend spend the night......it's no 2 days at Disneyland with a sweet hotel but hey, we have to save money and Sachyl is starting ask questions.....that's what she gets for being born 2 weeks after Christmas and 3 days before her sister......Sachyl, Sachyl, Sachyl- she is finally in Kindergarten. I just love my baby- she is still sweet so I can say that. She doesn't hate me yet.......she does Daiseys on Mondays, swim lessons on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Awana and Jazz on Wednesdays and Karate on Fridays phew! She is a 2nd degree yellow belt, it's adorable. They both also are in the Kings Kids Drama Club at our church for the 3rd year now and just did the Christmas play. Devyn and I were in it as well....it was good times. I finally am working again. very part time but still. I have 2 part time jobs which I really enjoy. I work as one of the playground supervisors at the kids school. Yes, a noon duty. Or as I used to call it, doodie. I get to see my kids and help in their classes when I need to. I also work for my very very dear and cherished friend Vicky as a filed instructor at a nature reserve. Kids come on field trips and we take them on a hike and teach them about habitats, conservation, the water shed and they plant native plants. It's really cool and I am learning things everyday as well. I hope yu have enjoyed this recap...I will try to keep up. My kids say hilarious things everyday and crazy stuff happens that I hope you enjoy reading about. Feedback and comments are welcome :) Love Stephanie.......

No comments: