Sunday, September 21, 2008

Drama

The kids just had their first day in the Kings Kids drama program at the Baptist church here in town. It is for 5-12 year olds but they said Sachyl could be in it if I wanted to stay ....so I did-it's every Sunday from 5:45-7:30. They will be learning songs and a play that they will perform for Christmas. Some of the songs they will be singing at the Harvest Festival on Halloween.  It was really cute and they already "learned ' 5 songs, as did I - they get to do crafts and have snack and play etc....this Church must have lots of money and they are very well organized- they all got a cd to take home with the songs and a folder with activities and a t shirt. They get points for showing up and wearing their shirts and learning the songs and doing the activities. Then they get to "cash in" the points at a Christmas Store to buy things- I think it will be fun helping out because I know the final product will be great. When we were walking into the church I was asking Sawyer what part he might want to audition for ( the play is about orphans at Christmas) and he said "Maybe I can be Santa"  and since he is one of the younger ones I said " Well maybe you can be baby Jesus." to which he replied " INSERT KIDS SAY THE FUNNIEST THINGS PT.3 HERE " I'm not a big fan of  Jesus.......but I would be happy playing Santa or an Orphan."   he says this AS we are walking into Church mind you. I know he didn't mean it how it sounded but it was pretty funny- "I'm not a big fan of Jesus" ....who says that ?? 

No comments: