Tuesday, April 28, 2009





Shhhesh! my kids have been on vacay all month and I need a break like nobodys biz!! This is my job and unlike regular working folk- I don;t get weekends or holidays or vacations- this is 24/7 LITERALLY and I am finding my patience is wearing thin. OK just needed to get that off my chest.  We spent Easter at nanas, it was fun. Unfortunately, Kens mom Jane passed that day.....so it was somber at dinner.
 I am not a huge fan of Easter- I respect the tradition of it biblically but as far as Bunnies and eggs and candy and pastels- no thanks- I will take a capital "P" for pass- we got to see some friends tho- my BFF Kerri and her kids whom my kid thoroughly enjoy.  We went to Gpa J's the following weekend and it was delightful and hot- sawyer and Sachyl swam. (Sachyl with the aid of floaties) and I got some sun. ps I have been tanning all month and those 12 minutes in the tanning bed is a dream come true- super relaxing and warm and all to myself!! While in the desert we hit up the Living Desert which is somewhat of a zoo/nature trail/museum thing. We had a really good time. My sister was there and we always laugh our butts off when we are together. The next day Gpa J took us to the WW2 Air museum. It is really really cool and I suggest if anyone gets the chance to speak with an actual WW2 vet to do it. There aren't a whole lot left and the things that they endured are incredible to hear.
It is month of the military child on Miramar so we went and saw a Seaworld animal show and a Wild animal show. Sachyl touched a Kinkajou (sp) - afterthe show they show a movie for free so we stayed and watched Race to Witch Mountain. It was ok- Sawyer liked it more than Sachyl which was to be expected. It has a special place in my heart because my sister and I used to love those movies when we were kids. I have not spoken to my husband in about 2 weeks due to all the stupid Pirates cruisin the coast of middle of nowhere, so I have nothing to report on his end :( 
We went Prom dress shopping for Devyn and her dress is super hot! I am excited! We all 4 went and it was intersting except that sawyer was sick but he was a trooper so Devyn got both of them Build-a -Bears. My kids are spoiled to the core- 
Swimming classes have ended and Sachyl is STILL in the baby pool- she is taking a break till july and doing gymnastics instead. Sawyer got demoted to a lower class which starts today- he was bummed but I put the blame on me and said that I put him in a class he wasn't ready for..... He and I are doing a Mother /Son dinner at the Y and it will be a Survivor theme. I am scared.
 :) Monday they back to school!!!!!! Sachyl will start her 4 year old class which will be 3 mornings a week- it cuts into our Borders storytime but I will manage - I have been maintaining my 4-5 gym times a week and I started running on the treadmill which I have never run before but it feels really good. We are trying to steer clear of the Swine flu but I am not feeling so hot the last few days. I think it is the crazy changing weather.  Childrens church started on Wed. I was not prepared but it went fine. The kids had fun :) 
Also we got new floors put in and I am psyched!!  

No comments: