Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer

So I am new to this blogging thing- I will just start with a re-cap of our summer so far.
When Joe returned from his 2 months in South America in June ( his bday) he took the kids to MO. they had a BLAST!! Sachyl loved collecting eggs from the chicken coop and playing with her cousins....everyday since their return they say they want to go back. I wen to PS for a few days while they were gone to relax...
We are staying busy- they go to the library for the different programs they have for the summer like magicians and insect shows etc...Sawyer went to Vacation Bible School at 2 churches here in town- he liked the evening one at the Baptist church. We went to Sea World for Joes Command picnic and we have 2 birthday parties coming up that they will go to- Sachyl is still in tiny tots, she will start pre-school on Sept 9th and Sawyer will start Kindergarten on Sept.2nd WOW!!

Devyn is working at Vons and usually works at The Starbucks there- she works a lot and his making some money :) She is currently in N.C. at a camp for teens with military parents.....it should be fun and good for her too. She will be a senior in September (OMG). 
Joe is still in the engine room of the USS Boxer they are planned to "go away" on January 5th (2 days before Sachyls 4th bday) for 6-9 months :( so we are just going to enjoy the Fall and the Holidays until then.  My 20 year reunion is tomorrow so we will be going to that and taking the kids Ice Skating first- 
This was just a quick recap of whats been going on lately:) I will have more detailed "events" from here on out- ENJOY
Stephanie




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, that's pretty good for the first time doing the "blog" thing. I just want you to know how proud I am of my beautiful daughter who turned out to be the BEST mom, wife and daughter. Popsicola:-D

Mike B. said...

Hey, this is great since we never have time to chat anymore. Its good to hear things are going well. I miss hanging out with Joe. Maybe one day we could actually get together and do something, afterall, its not like we're in different states. I look forward to the next post.

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph,
Thanks for sharing your summer fun! Blog away girlfriend! Amazing how the babes grow so fast. Kindergarten and a Senior!~ Enjoy... love the daddy comment!